1) Read Galatians 5:16-17 and Romans 7: 15 & 18-19. Can you share with your group any internal conflicts where you are not doing what you should be doing, or doing what you shouldn't be doing? Perhaps your group can interrupt the discussion and pray for these issues.
2) Read Galatians 5: 22-23. Steve said that since "fruit" is singular, we should be gaining in all of the attributes in these verses. In which of these have you seen big gains in your life, and which one(s) still need a lot of improvement?
3) Read Galatians 5: 24-25. As followers of Jesus we have already "crucified" the sinful nature (v. 24). What does that mean to you? What are some practical ways that we "keep in step with the Spirit" (v. 25)?
4) Richard Foster said, "Superficiality is the curse of our age." Read Ephesians 3: 16-18. What are you doing to develop good roots so that you can bear good fruit?
5) Steve discussed "over desires," which are desires for good things which become negative. Do you have any "over desires" in your life? How can we know when these desires for good things has crossed into being a negative?